Followers

Monday, October 19, 2009

Using blessings to bless others

Today has been quite a day so I thought I would write about it. Was quite a chilly morning this morning and our furnace was not working. Called our landlord and he called a heating/cooling repair man to come out and fix it.

While the repairman was here, I was outside with my daughter (central air/heating unit is outside behind the house). My neighbor was outside and waved me over. "I've been wanting to talk to you" she said to me. When we moved down here our 32" TV was damaged in transit. We were using a 13" tv, they had a 19" they were not using and gave it to us.

Today she told me that they had purchased a new flat panel and no longer needed their 27" TV anymore and asked if we would like it. I said yes of course thinking that this time I would not accept it for free. The first time okay, but I didn't want to take advantage of their kindness. They refused to accept any money. So now we have a nice TV in our living room that we were given for free.

That kindness topped what I have been thinking about lately. I see couponing and saving all the money I do each week as a blessing to my family. I want to use those blessings to help others. I have been in search of food pantries, local shelters, churches who take item donations to help others.

There are things that are free or inexpensive but we don't use them. It seems a waste to throw the coupon away or let it expire when I can get the items and give them to someone who can use them. In the next month or so I know what a blessing this would truly be to people.

My family is not wealthy by material means and I know what it is like as a child to have your Thanksgiving or Christmas meal come from a food bank. I know how grateful you are to have something to eat.

Lets all remember that if we see a deal for soemthing that we won't use that there is someone out there that could use it. Whether it be a food item, toiletry, household item or even a item for a pet. Lets give back and help bless others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a mom of two great kids, a wife and I am also a Mary Kay consultant.